Adding a bank account
Adding a New Bank Account
To add a new bank account to your Profile:
– Sign into your Dashboard (https://app.behalf.com/users/signin)
– Click on your name, found on the left side of your Behalf dashboard
– In the small drop-down window, choose the Settings option
– Scroll down to the bank area and click on ADD OR UPDATE BANK
– Follow the instructions until your bank details successfully appear in your profile.
When adding a new bank account, you must designate it as the ‘primary’ bank by clicking on SET AS DEBIT BANK. This will ensure that all future payments are debited from this account.
If your bank is not listed or given as an option, please click on “Or, Manually Enter Your Bank Details” which appears just under the Plaid option. This will allow you to find your bank based on the bank’s routing number.
How do I link my business bank account to Behalf?
Please follow the steps below to link your business bank deposit account to Behalf:
1) Log into your Behalf account: https://app.behalf.com/users/signin
2) Click on your name, found on the left side of your Behalf dashboard, to open a small drop-down.
3) Click on the Settings option.
4) Navigate to the bank section, click on ADD OR UPDATE BANK and login using the same username and password that you use when logging into your bank’s online banking system.
5) Make sure that you are using the correct banking credentials. You can verify this by testing the username and password on your bank’s website.
If you don’t see the same login fields or security question(s) when logging in through Behalf’s bank verification page, as you normally would on your bank’s website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
I am having problems verifying my business’s bank account. How can I resolve this?
There are several scenarios that might explain your difficulty:
1. The name on the bank deposit account does not match the name on your Behalf account
In general, the name listed on the payment bank account listed in your Behalf profile must be the same as either the primary business contact’s name or the name of the business.
If the business bank account is in the name of a partner, in order for Behalf to approve the business bank account, we need to receive a scanned copy of a document which attests to your partner’s connection to the business.
Your privacy is important to us, so please don’t attach sensitive documents in an email to Behalf. Please contact email@example.com letting us know that you would like to provide documentation to verify your bank account and we will send you a secure link to upload your document.
2. If your attempt to link a valid business deposit bank account to your Behalf account was unsuccessful:
To use Behalf, businesses are required to agree to only provide a payment bank account that meets the legal definition of a business deposit account, or deposit account used primarily for business purposes, for a substantial majority of the time.
You will be asked to provide your business deposit bank information and attest to the accuracy of the information provided as part of our terms and conditions. To add a business bank account, please do the following:
– log into your Behalf account
– click on your name, found on the left side of your Behalf dashboard
– in the small drop-down window, choose the Settings option
– select “ADD OR UPDATE BANK”
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions could result in inability to use Behalf.
3. If your business’s bank account number is entered incorrectly into your Behalf account:
If your bank account number was entered incorrectly, you can correct this by following the steps below:
1. Sign into your Behalf account’s dashboard
2. On the left sidebar menu, click on PROFILE
3. Click on “ADD NEW BANK”
4. Enter your bank information again exactly as it appears on the document you sent to Behalf
4. If none of the above applies:
If your bank account information appears to be correct, you can send us a voided check or bank statement for confirmation.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a secure upload link so that you can provide us with a picture of your voided check.