Respecting and protecting individual privacy is vital to our business. By sharing our Privacy Principles, we trust that that you will better understand how we keep information private and secure. At Behalf, you are covered by the terms and conditions and any privacy notices posted on the site.
We may disclose and transfer any information that is provided to us through this Web site to any company within the Behalf group, its affiliates, agents or information providers; to any other person or entity with your consent; or if we have a right or duty to disclose or are permitted or compelled to so disclose such information by law. We may also transfer or process such information to, or through, any country in the world, as we deem necessary or appropriate.
We protect your information.
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of any information we receive very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to comply with applicable legal standards to store and secure information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. Our own policies and procedures have been developed to protect the confidentiality of your information and to help achieve compliance with relevant rules and regulations. We hold our employees accountable for complying with those policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
We endeavor to collect, use and maintain information only for appropriate purposes.
We limit the collection, use and retention of information to what we reasonably believe will help us deliver superior service, to administer our business, manage our risks, market our services and products, and to meet applicable laws and regulations.
We share information with affiliates and with other users when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can provide to you or for legal and routine business reasons.
1) We share your information among affiliates and business units when we believe it will enhance the services we can provide to you, but only in circumstances where such sharing conforms to law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, our policies and practices, or where you have consented to such sharing.
2) We may disclose information we have as permitted by law. For example, we may share information with regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over us or if we are required to do so by applicable law and to provide information to protect against fraud.
3) From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us or make services and products available. We also share your information with vendors (merchants) from which you have purchased goods or services if those goods are financed under a program serviced or administered by us. Under these agreements, the companies may receive information, but they must safeguard this information and they may only use it for those purposes that we specify.
While Behalf is committed to ensuring the highest standard of security on our systems, you as the end-user also play an important role to ensure that you are adequately protected when you use the Internet. The following security best practices are recommended:
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware and other internet security software. Use it regularly and keep it up-to-date.
- Take advantage of your computer’s security features. Make sure your browser uses the strongest encryption available and be aware of the encryption levels of the sites and applications you use.
- Regularly update your operating system and Web browser software with the vendor’s software patches and updates to protect you against known vulnerabilities.
- Do what you can to prevent unauthorized people from using your computer.
- Change your passwords often. Be sure to choose passwords that are hard for others to guess.
- If you notice suspicious activity in your accounts, report it immediately to the appropriate parties.
- Do not download or open any attachments sent to you by unsolicited email. Once opened, these programs may contain malicious programs that can compromise your computer’s security.
- Be on the alert for phishing scams. Access Web sites by typing the Web addresses directly into your Web browser or by using Web addresses you have bookmarked, instead of via embedded links in unsolicited emails.
If you feel you may have received a fraudulent email appearing to come from Behalf, please email us as soon as possible by filling out the form here.